Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lip balms Review

This will be a comparative review between 3 lip balms that I have, EOS in Sweet Mint, Human ♥ Nature in Choco Fudge, and Maybelline's Baby Lips in Smoothing Cherry.

Let's start with

 the Human♥Nature lipbalm, I need to start with this because this is the first lip balm that I really paid attention to.

 Scent wise: it's super yummy like a combination of chocolate and coffee (don't really know why it has a coffee like scent though), I love foody scents so this is a + for me.

Moisturizing Ability: moisturizes really well, no cracked and flaky lips in the morning and when I use it as a base even with my Sephora matte lipsticks, my lips still stay moisturized.

Next is the EOS lip balm in Sweet Mint, this is the second lip balm that I got. I've read alot of reviews that this is a really good lip balm, highly moisturizing and all that. Now for my verdict:

Scent wise: prominent minty scent, I really like this as well. It also has a cooling sensation on the lips ♥ love it

Moisturizing Ability: I did not really find this as moisturizing as the Human♥Nature lip balm. When i ran out of my H♥N one, i used this for day and night, my lips still cracks a bit. I dont know if its just me but it also doesn't moisturizes that well under lipstick. (I still choose the H♥N one to this)

Last but not the least:
Maybelline's Baby Lips Lip balm in smoothing cherry. 

Scent wise: I don't really find the cherry scent of this lip balm prominent, in fact i almost could not smell it the scent that I get is more of a chemically scent, also when I accidentally lick this, it has a bitter taste probably because of the SPF factor. This lipbalm has SPF 20 btw which is great to protect our lips from the sun.

Moisturizing Ability: I find this the most moisturizing among the three lip balms that i have. Super moisturizing and it will really bring back baby like lips. I leave it on overnight and in the morning, wow soft lips xD this is currently my fave lip balm even with the weird scent. 

The best lip balm that I've used to date would be Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balm. I would definitely repurchase this, no questions asked.









Now, ontowards the giveaway by Kikaysimaria, Makeup by Ana Patricia, and Shimmejang Andy!




No comments:

Post a Comment